Ever since I a couple of years ago (late, I was 42) started to learn and really care about skincare from Swedish beauty podcaster queens and bloggers like Kakan and Brita Zackari (a post about Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster, 1.0 Fluid Ounce changed everything) I’ve come to not only get routines but to enjoy the taking care part. Goes hand in hand with the kids growing up and moving out I guess.
During the years I’ve wore makeup, plucked my eyebrows, dyed my hair etc. When it comes to “fight” aging though I’ve been like many in my social circle peers, rather torn. At least when it comes to semi natural interventions. Aging is natural, inescapable and doesn’t automatically mean that everything turns bad and ugly. But is there anything more paradox than issues concerning women and their bodies, beauty and aging? In the recent years in order to feeling rather tired in general, I’ve found myself quite interested in what those magic skincare products and topical procedures out there can do to energize my soon to be 48 year old face a bit. ⠀
From the beginning the skin care routine motivation was totally shallow and had everything to do with vanity and nothing to with health. Good thing vanity motivates healthy behaviors though. Focus has changed with a goal of being healthier in general with stress-reduction, regular exercise, healthy diet etc. And if skin care help achieving this with good routines, then why not?
Below you’ll find my current skin care regimen. For the first time I’ve tried to put up some affiliate links to Amazon but I’m not sure if I’ve managed to solve it all right. Anyway these are all really great stuff.
1. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser
2. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
3. Timeless 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum
4. The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + Ha 2%
5. Aromatica, Rose Absolute First Serum
6. Paula’s Choice Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 50
1. Foreo Luna Facial Cleansing Brush
2. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser (same as in the morning).
3. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (same as in the morning).
4. Biologique Recherche Lotion P50
4B. Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid
5. Matrixyl Synthe’6 Serum
6. Aromatica, Rose Absolute First Serum (same as in the morning).